- Water Source
- Middle Branch Ontonagon River
- Ontonagon County, on M-28 four miles west of Trout Creek;
trail begins at Joseph. F. Oravec Roadside Park
- The river is about 80 feet wide as it drops 80 feet in a
series of falls
- The trail is easy to follow but is steep at times. In
fact, I chose to go almost straight down the hill to the
falls rather than winding back on the trail.
- Other Information
- This was one of the two waterfalls I found on my first
waterfall search in the UP (Michigan Upper Peninsula), on
September 30, 1989. After I found the waterfall I took my
son to see it. That was the beginning of my waterfalling.
- Agate Falls is considered one of the seven "Notable
Falls" in Michigan listed in the Michigan Atlas
& Gazetteer by Delorme Mapping.
Return to Waterfalls in Ontonagon County
Page last updated 28 Dec 2000.
Email comments to dmmaki@MichelesWorld.net