Laughing Whitefish Falls
(You may click on
the picture for a larger version.)
- Water Source
- Laughing Whitefish River
- Alger county, 2 1/2 miles northeast of Sundell
- 100 foot flow over tiny ledges
- From the parking area the well-developed trail passes
through a meadow and then about 1/2 mile through the
woods to the top of stairs that take you down to the base
of the falls. The walk takes about 20 minutes to the
- From M-94 in Sundell at the sign for the Michigan Scenic
Site take the road north for about 2 miles to another
Michigan Scenic Site sign at a gravel road. Take that
gravel road east (right) for about 1/2 mile to the
Laughing Whitefish Falls parking area.
- Other Information
- Michigan Scenic Site, Laughing Whitefish Falls is
considered one of the seven "Notable Falls" in
Michigan listed in the Michigan Atlas & Gazetteer
by DeLorme Mapping.
Return to Waterfalls in Alger County I
Page last updated 29 Jul 2006.
Email comments to dmmaki@MichelesWorld.net